Google
 

Friday, March 14, 2014

 

Balestier Khalsa's Laudable Efforts To Bring In The Fans

Balestier Khalsa moved to the top of the SLeague after this narrow victory over Tanjong Pagar at the Toa Payoh Stadium.

It wasn't the most exciting of games, not bad but not thrill a minute.

It seems the home team have done something about bringing the crowds in with more than the last time I was here and even a bit of an atmosphere, mostly provided by a couple of middle aged geezers but hey...they made an effort.

So, I bought my ticket and after getting my bag searched, that is one thing you can consistently rely on, I was given a goodie bag with three boxes of crisps and a donut!

Given Balestier's efforts to reach out to a young support base is this the type of food we want to be foisted on young children?

You know, football, sport, healthy and all that shit. And 'rewarding fans' with a bunch of food that is anything but healthy! What kind of message does that send?

Put it this way, I would hesitate to take my son to a game where the club is giving out stuff that is only gonna damage his teeth later on down the line...and if you have met me you will understand where I am coming from.

Watching kids munch on their donuts or crisps, they may as well have been at home munching and pushing buttons on the TV remote.

On the one hand you gotta applaud Balestier's efforts. While the stand was by no means full it looked a lot better with quite a few punters in it...but free sugery foods? And you probably know what I think of giving away freebies to entice people through the gate.

Anyway, large numbers of the kids went home at half time...it was a school night after all and this is Singapore...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?